European blackjack is the variation of a classic blackjack that is mostly common in European countries. This game is played with a different deck number. Some casinos very often use from 4 to 8 decks. European blackjack has a bit different playing technique and rules on how to play blackjack.
European Blackjack Rules
- Before the beginning of a game players place their bets.
- Then the dealer has to take two cards: one faced up and the other - down
- After that the player has to select one option from those mentioned below:
- Nottake extra cards and stand with initial 2-card hand
- Hit and take some additional cards to maximize the hand`s total value
- Split doubles in 2 hands
- Use insurance in a case of the dealer`s Ace showing
- Double the bet and take one extra card
- Remember that European Blackjack is played with two decks of 52 playing cards
- It is necessary to be aware of the fact that if a dealer stands on "soft 17", a hand made up of an Ace and a 6
- Keep in mind that doubling down is allowed only on hands totally 9-11
- What is important that there is no doubling down or re-splitting after splitting
- Players can draw some extra cards while splitting Aces
- Insurance is to be resolved at the end of a hand
- Players may play only one hand at a time
- The aim of this game is to beat the dealer`s hand if you get a better hand not exceeding 21 or in a case if a dealer`s hand is going bust.
- In European Blackjack, you can only bet one hand at a time.
- An Ace and a card with a value of a 10 is the strongest hand in the game. This hand cannot be beaten, it can be only matched.
Here we give you the Basic Strategy Chart designed specially for European Blackjack variation: